New Year’s Resolutions are shiny and fun and the first few weeks of January they feel necessary and cool. All the cool kids are pledging to make 2018 the best year ever! It should be a great year and I want you to have the best year ever, but NEWSFLASH having the best year ever involves doing work and making changes NOW.
As the first post of 2018 I thought I would revisit a few posts from this year. We started this blog with the first post on April 25th. As mostly first-time bloggers this has been a year of exploration, we are still figuring what we want this blog to be and the best way to share our creativity with all of you.
But, here are some of our great ideas from 2017:
- Kimberly shared the best play-dough recipe here. If you haven’t tried it yet you really need to.
- Check out a tutorial on stenciling your own custom t-shirts here.
- Kristine shared about her favorite pants for fall here. I got both pairs for Christmas and at 33 weeks pregnant, they are WAY more comfortable than any pair of maternity pants. I’m going to start a movement to boycott maternity pants. (I just discovered that J.Crew Factory and New Balance did a collaboration for a new line of athletic wear, there are some really cute and affordable pieces.)
- The secrets to making great quick-breads are shared here.
- Caroline taught us all the basics of embroidery and shares some of her amazing creations here. One of my goals for 2018 is to explore new creative outlets. This would be a great place to start.
- Make your own dog bed tutorial here.
We are stretching out Christmas break as long as possible, but I am looking forward to a new year and some new projects. And before too long this baby girl will be here and probably throw off all my plans 😉
Ever since I left my job a few months ago (more about that here) I have been trying to focus on spending more quality time with my son. Of course some days go better than others, but during the month of December I decided to try and make a more concentrated effort.
I thought I would do a little round-up of some of the activities we did together. None of them were particularly fancy or expensive, but we had a great time together. This seems like the first Christmas that my son has really been able to understand what is going on and I am loving it! Continue reading The gift of presence
Whether you are hosting or attending, holiday parties are a fun part of the season. Here are some of our favorite tips to take the stress out of it. Continue reading Holiday Party Tips
This weekend we started the work of sanding the crib and picked up some sample colors to try and choose one. This crib doesn’t have a ton of surface area, so it’s been difficult to nail down the perfect super light pink.
It seems like this week we have been bombarded with AMAZING deals and flash sales and coupon codes. But, sometimes the best gifts can’t be purchased with Amazon Prime. Check out some of our ideas below if you are looking for something a little more unconventional.
While the obvious center of the Thanksgiving meal may be the turkey, the sides can really steal the show. Here are a few that may find their way onto your plate any given day of the year.
For the record I am not a child feeding expert. But, I have figured out how to resolve one problem that my child seems to have relatively frequently. If your child, or someone else in your life suffers from HANGRY this might help.
I’m sick. And I don’t think women who are 23 weeks pregnant should be allowed to get sick- just throwing that out there. So, while I have made a menu plan for the week (I will share it at the end of the post.) the most adventurous thing I have done in the kitchen lately is adding leftover rice to my chicken noodle soup.
In between naps and hot baths and binge watching re-runs of The Office I have been putting together what I want this little girls nursery to look like. Continue reading Musings of a sick pregnant girl
Over the weekend I tackled a MUCH overdue project. I would have done it long ago if I had realized how easy it would be and how big of an impact it would have on the space.