Well, not quite. It was supposed to be 89 here today, and I am not one to rush the season. But, I do hate last minute shopping and tend to overspend when I do so. We also have some holiday travel that I need to get hammered away, hopefully this month. Here is what I have my eye on for now.
The last year or so we started doing the 4 presents tradition (something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read) and while I will probably continue that for our three-year-old. I have found that David and I are usually plenty happy to put our allocated budget into one or two presents.
Ideas for Landon (Age 3 1/2):
- We got this set of duplos for him for his birthday and he is finally playing with them enough that I think I might get him this one. (Don’t tell David though because he is contantly telling me that Landon doesn’t need any more toys.)
- Matching ties. Landon has been wearing a tie “like dad’s” to church the last little while and loving it! I think it would be so awesome to get them some matching ones. I can’t find the exact one he has now, it is this one in a plain blue color. Crazy 8 has great prices on little boy ties if you aren’t picky about the color/ pattern.
- Books! I always have a long list of books that I want to get him. I have put this set of two library favorites in my amazon cart a few times. Landon loves both of these. This one isn’t new, but for some reason we don’t. Anything by Mo Wilems is a hit with the 3-year-old crowd. We already have this book – Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina, but I have to recommend it. I remember it from my childhood and Landon loves it as much as I did.
Ideas for David
- Matching ties. I love the idea that picking out one gift can work for both David and Landon!
- What he really wants is a drill press, but I haven’t probed enough to know how much of an investment that is going to be. Definite maybe.
- Pretty much the only books he reads are woodworking or home renovating books. He has been learning more about sketch-up, so a guide to that program for woodworkers might be just the ticket.
Ideas for Me
- A new pair of everyday earrings. I lost one of my diamond earrings a few months ago and realized that I don’t really wear any other earrings.
- Some new piano books. We were given an electric piano a while back and I have started attempting to play again, an actual instruction book might help, or just give my practice some more variety.
- I only have 9 more days of work left, after that I want to live in this. It’s a combination of my pregnant body not fitting into anything and my general desire to live in lounge-wear. Also, add all the lounge-wear from Albion Fit to my list.
I still have some work to do to flush this out, and not to mention scheduling family pictures for Christmas cards and nailing out our travel plans. If we all start now maybe we will be done in time to enjoy the season without all the stress.